Why the Blog......

9 years now into the blog, and lots and lots posts on the SWOFFING (Salt Water Fly FishING) in and around Darwin - maps, flies, outings and musings

Hope your enjoying it!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Current status - blogs delayed due to time constraints

I keep dreaming about those goldens I caught a few weeks ago, one after the other, every few casts. the fight hard, the fish so awesome in colour and location.

Got to get out there again!!!!!

Well almost went fishing last weekend but a huge pile of marking (yr8 assignments and tests for grades 7,8,9) kept me off the water as too extreme tides and a forecast early and strong wind.

Was going to tie some flies and write up blogs about tying them this week.....
But painting the house started this week, as too it is the first week back at school, (sadly also my program supervisor asked me to re-write my programs into the format she wants - mind you it is an out of date format and doesn't reflect the significant use of technology I use in my lessons bah humbug!), as too starting very last assignment for my Master in Education studies.

Haven't also had time to put new CB radio into the boat, so a little more security on long range trips we are planning to Bynoe wide reefs (if weather holds!) and Vernon's.

I think I am turning back into the self centered bastard I was just before my last divorce -

ALL I WANT TO DO IS GO SWOFFING

ALL of the TIME!!!

Its all I think about lately,

Here I am right now in class at school - its a Yr7 Science class and while they are drawing pictures of the cell structure of the five kingdoms of organisms in our world (AMinal, Plany, Fungi, Protists, & Monera)

And all I can think about is a flat someone told me about that at times holds permit
I think about the crab and prawn flies I need to tie - merkins, velcro button, Dangerous prawns and more,

Then there is this story I heard elsewhere about HUGE queenfish on outer Bynoe Harbour reef that need catching on fly
And I know the perfect fly for them - but have i had the chance to get out there NO! got to work! got to mark assignments, got to do stuff at home, got to spend time with wife, got to spend time with kids, got to do stuff and more stuff ----- and so I haven't put that perfect fly in front of those monster queenfish!

Then I think  about a flat in Bynoe harbour behind an island that as the tide drops is filled with 50-70cm blues and threadies

Then there are trips to Vernon's, Coburg, and Peron's group to imagine, plan and hope for
Let alone the flies I will need to tie!!!

AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!! and I am stuck here earning a living, painting house for wife, marking student major assignment for the year that for most have had only five minutes effort put into them.

Seems I have about five or more jobs currently - painter, teacher, father, husband, student, builder (new house on 5acres to start soon)

and all I want to be is a SWOFFER that is actually SWOFFING! one job, the only job!

Must tie some flies to eliminate some lack of swoffing stress or I am going to explode with longing for more SWOFFING!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something constructive to add please do so.......
After moderation (if it is constructive) it will be published.